Sunday, August 29, 2010

keeping fashion interesting

Lately I have been feeling so bored with my style and with fashion in general.  My wardrobe feels stale and getting dressed in the morning has lost a lot of its magic.  I am never one to get down for long, so I put my problem solving skills to work and have been delving into alternative styles.  I also bought a simple sewing machine so that I can make what I can not find to buy. 
I have always loved super feminine clothes so it is no surprise to me that my favorite style discovery (read- obsession) is Lolita.  I will not go super in depth on describing the style since I am sure I will fail miserably, and it is a complicated style to describe properly. A brief: It has nothing to do with sexy underage girls, think of it more like dressing like a beautiful doll or a Victorian girl. 
For more info about the style and its definition check out these links - 

http://lolita-handbook.livejournal.com/
http://lolitafashion.org/
Here are some items I am obsessing over... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment